Monday, May 24, 2010

New Meat Loaf Album Art by Julie

Here it is! Meat Loaf's new album, Hang Cool Teddy Bear, with a brand new cover by me, Julie! As you may have guessed, I'm pretty excited about this cover because its evolution was such a fascinating experience of creativity and because everybody is so happy with it. In addition, in the interior booklet that comes with the CD, Meat Loaf has featured art by Boris as well as two of our sons, Anthony Palumbo and David Palumbo. The Deluxe Version of the CD is actually a book with a short story by Kilian Kerwin, the art I've just mentioned, and a bunch of really cool photos. Also, the single, Los Angeloser, features David's painting X-Ray Vision/These Things Really Work on the cover.

I was excited when I did Meat Loaf's Bat III cover a few years ago, but this album breaks new ground for everybody involved. You have to hear the music! It's new and it's fantastic!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome. i like how u did the buildings

A. Jaye Williams said...

That's really cool, Julie! Congrats to you, Boris, Anthony, and David. Meat Loaf rocks and, as far as I'm concerned, is an icon in rock music. Thanks for letting us all know you part in Meat's latest work!

Julie Bell said...

Thank you, David and A.Jaye! And you have my whole-hearted agreement about Meat Loaf!

Rezo Kaishauri said...

Working on Meat Loaf's album cover is an honor, even for such a legendary artist as yourself, Julie. And you did the job brilliantly, as always. The cover art is fresh, unusual and striking. Congratulations!

Tiger vs lion the facts said...

I saw this in the paper USA today, I was looking at it and thinking gee this looks like something I know actually it looks like Boris Vallejo Esq, then I was like wait a second this isn't a photo its Julie Bell, I could almost make out a faint signature, I looked up the Meatloaf album, sure enough it was a Julie Bell painting,cool.
I really like the rough loose approach to the background and cityscape its a nice touch, its nice to see you guys so talented at fine rendered detail also put concentration and ability into letting the paint and brushstrokes speak, this is something Sargent did so well. I also love how your paintings are getting more impressionistic where the colors pop out and work off each other, this is so neat, a lot of scifi fantasy painters can get to tight and just rely on the model or photo. I think your going beyond that, also your wolf paintings blow me away.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic art!! :)

Boris and Julie said...

Thank you Rezo, Salem, and Ashelesa! Salem--the impressionistic quality in the background mixed with the realism of the main figures is exactly what Meat Loaf asked for when he commissioned me to do this painting. Glad you like it too!

Jennifer G. Oliver said...

Wonderful stuff as always Julie! I looks like there's a story (or several) and a lot of symbolism going on in that piece!

Sophie said...

It is simply amazing ! GREAT JOB!

Julian said...

Boris your work is magnificent, one cannot stop looking at your works and to surprise of the reality that it transmits. We have a blog where we are exposing our works, it is another world, and we are interested in publicizing blogs of people as your, visit us and authorize us. Regards. Http: // necroarte-huesospintados.blogspot.com

Nick Raymon said...

Hi,
thank you for your great post.
I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog.It is interesting and helpful.
Good luck with it!!! :)

Toronto Painter